Ok, so ever since my Mom got me a crock pot for Christmas I have been DYING to try something out in it! We have 2 cook books full of awesome recipes just for the crock pot, but we haven’t made anything yet. Last night I looked through one of the books and online for good recipes to remember for future crock dinners. I found some delish looking recipes and thought I would share for any other crock pot obsessed people out there 🙂
Chicken Fajita Chili – We love fajitas and we love chili, so this has to be delicious, right?
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
Nonstick cooking spray
2 14-1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 16-ounce package frozen pepper (yellow, green, and red) and onion stir-fry vegetables
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
3 tablespoons guacamole (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chili powder, fajita seasoning, cumin, and garlic; toss to coat. Coat an unheated large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, half at a time, in hot skillet until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
2. Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add undrained tomatoes, frozen vegetables, and cannellini beans. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
3. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or guacamole (optional of course!)
Party Meatballs – These little things are SO good, can’t wait to make them.
1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked home style meatballs, thawed
1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
Directions:1. Place meatballs in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, steak sauce, garlic and mustard. Pour over meatballs.
3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
Salsa Chicken – Obviously you can tell by now that we love Mexican food and anything spicy, so I’m definitely willing to try this. Looks ah-ma-zing!
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
cilantro, for serving (optional)
1. Put chicken, soup, and salsa in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours. If shredding the chicken, pull the breasts out and shred; return back to slow cooker. Stir in sour cream and heat just until everything is combined.
Spinach-Artichoke Dip with Blue Cheese and Bacon – LOVE spinach and artichoke dip so I’m sure this will be amazing!
1. In a skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; cover and chill until ready to use. Cook onion in 1 tablespoon bacon drippings about 5 minutes or until tender.
2. In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker combine onion, artichoke hearts, spinach, red sweet pepper, mayonnaise, cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic, and dry mustard. Stir to combine.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or until cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with assorted crackers.