As graphic designers, we are always searching for awesome new fonts. We especially love when they’re FREE. I thought it would be cool to start doing some posts with our favorite free fonts. Below this picture I’ll also include how to download fonts to use them.
How I quickly and easily download fonts:
- Find the font you want, and click download
- Go to your downloads file, where the newest font you just downloaded should now be
- Double click the font file, and when it opens you’ll see the font file ending with .otf
- You want to take that font and drag it to your desktop
- You’ll now see that it’s on your desktop, so now you want to go to your start or applications menu, and type in ‘fonts’
- Open the fonts program – drag your new font from your desktop into the fonts program.
- Ta-da! You now have a new font to play with in Photoshop! (or whichever design app/program you use)
While we’re talking tech, here is a list of apps that are ideal for helping with DIY design at home.