This post isn’t a home decor or house update post, but it’s still something I do regularly and thought it would come in handy for some of you 🙂
I love my makeup brushes, and I’m sure a lot of you girls know how pricey some brushes can get, so I like to take care of them weekly so they stay clean and last a long time. Dirty brushes can also cause breakouts so always use clean brushes!
For this you’ll need:
- Your dirty brushes
- A cup
- White vinegar
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Put a pump of dish soap into the cup, then fill your cup about a 1/4 of the way with warm water – not hot. Make sure the water doesn’t go past the handle of your brush.
- Add a few drops of the vinegar
- Place brushes into cup, let sit for a couple minutes.
- Rinse the brushes out with warm water. If there still seems to be makeup on the brushes, use a little more soap and rinse.
- Squeeze excess water out of brushes, lay flat on a towel.
- You can either let the brushes dry on the towel, or you can do what I do…I like to put them upside down into a cup to let them dry overnight. There could possibly be some water stuck in the handle of the brush, which could make the handle come apart in the long run, so this way any extra water can come out.
* Tip: Before laying out your brushes to dry, make sure you form them back to their correct shape so they dry right.