I’ve wanted to try this project out for a while. I decided last week that I was finally going to do it! Instead of using candle holders or a vase, I wanted to try something else and use mason jars. With this project, after you create the sea glass effect on the mason jar, you can choose to put anything you like inside. I used some decorative sea glass to put inside the jar and then put my favorite makeup brushes inside. This makes an awesome and cute makeup brush holder, but you can also use it for a vase, too. Or even a pen holder for your desk!
What you’ll need to create the sea glass effect:
– Elmer’s Glue
– Any color of food coloring that you’d like
– Foam brush to apply the mix
– Mix the Elmer’s glue with your food coloring. Start with a little coloring and add more drops to get the color you want.
– Apply the mix to your jar using the foam brush in long strokes
– Let dry for about 30-45 minutes (I did 2 coats).