How is it already 2014? I think I told Charlie 100 times that 2013 was the quickest year of my life. For reals.
Now that it’s 2014, there are SO many projects I have in mind. I thought sharing them on the blog would inspire me to check every item off this list (and if we win the lottery this year I can do every project ever…or move to Europe). It’s not that I’m not motivated to complete every project. I just don’t know where to begin. So here we go…
- Make ugly fireplace into something pretty. We originally wanted a gas fireplace, but those are pricey and I feel like it wont be used a ton, so how about we clean it up a bit and stack it with wood or pretty candles like so:
- Create wall of pictures with dark frames. Easy peasy.
- Paint a big picture for BLANK wall that’s there now. No one likes big empty wall space.
Second Living Room
This is the room I’m talking about:
I feel like we barely use this room, and it’s a great room. I have this vision in my head of turning it into a type of “mud room/laundry room”. I probably lost you at mud room, but I think it could be awesome. So…
- Add doors to room (maybe french doors?)
- Convert to laundry room by putting in shelves, ironing board, figure out if it’s possible to move the washer and dryer into here. If it’s not possible, we may just use this room as an ironing, close organizing room. Whenever we do laundry, our laundry “room” is actually a laundry hallway. There’s no where to hang clothes to dry. So in this room we could add racks to dry clothes. The doors would hide all this activity from guests, and the rest of the house would look perfect. YES PLEASE.
- Get some furniture for out here…or MAKE it 🙂
- Strip the ugly 10 layers of paint that are already on the walls and pillars and re-paint. Yuck.
- Maybe rip up the carpet and see what’s underneath. If it’s wood maybe we can sand and stain. That would be the best thing ever.
– Downstairs bathroom:
Oh this bathroom. No words. I took the wallpaper down and painted it a cream color just to be done with it for the moment about a year ago. Well now it’s still ugly and needs a complete makeover. Don’t even want to show pictures because it’s ugly.
- Get new sink and faucet
- New flooring
- New sink cabinet
- Paint a better color haha
– Upstairs bathrooms:
- Rip out cabinets and install new ones
- New flooring
I know, how could I want to get rid of something as beautiful as this? Barf.
- NEW WINDOWS! Yay!
Ok I think that’s it for now. Let’s hope we can get all this stuff done! I’m optimistic that 2014 will be an AWESOME year and big projects will be done 🙂
You guys have any big projects planned? Let us know what!